Hi, i'm finally ready to publish this addon for Mod Organizer 2 Basic Game plugin.
Unfortunately neither TPP or Redux are supported out of the box, but i can offer you a workaround to use them with MO2
To install this you'll need (v2.3.2+) or higher and its (already included in Mod Organizer 2.4+), and follow these instruction :
- Download the file
- Open the folder where your installed Mod Organizer 2
- From there go to plugins\basic_game\games
- Paste game_blackandwhite2.py inside
- Create a new instance
- If Black & White 2 or BOTG click on the "Show all supported game" checkbox and select the game
- Find the installation folder of BW2 or BOTG and click on "select folder"
What's the point of this ?
Mod Organizer 2 is a mod manager first made for bethesda game RPGs (notably skyrim) that uses a Virtual File System. It means that instead of directly copying files into the game folder Mod Organizer keep mods in separate folders and redirect the game to the mod assets through the VFS. For Black & White 2, it means you no longer have to make backup of your files for so much as installing a map.
But can it handle TPP or Redux ?
Not directly but there are way to make MO2 handle them. For those mod to work (and all mod that replace or patch the executable) you'll need to launch the game using 'BW2 Modded Exec' and not Black & White 2 inside MO2.
For TPP :
- Make a folder 'Tribal pack plus'
- Copy white.exe into 'Tribal pack plus'
- Launch the installer and choose 'Tribal pack plus' as your installation target
- Create a .zip archive from 'Tribal pack plus'
- Now you can the install mod from archive option in MO2 to add TPP