Hi, i'm finally ready to publish this addon for Mod Organizer 2 Basic Game plugin.
Unfortunately neither TPP or Redux are supported out of the box, but i can offer you a workaround to use them with MO2
- Download the file
- Open the folder where your installed Mod Organizer 2
- From there go to plugins\basic_game\games
- Paste game_blackandwhite2.py inside
- Create a new instance
- If Black & White 2 or BOTG click on the "Show all supported game" checkbox and select the game
- Find the installation folder of BW2 or BOTG and click on "select folder"
What's the point of this ?
Mod Organizer 2 is a mod manager first made for bethesda game RPGs (notably skyrim) that uses a Virtual File System. It means that instead of directly copying files into the game folder Mod Organizer keep mods in separate folders and redirect the game to the mod assets through the VFS. For Black & White 2, it means you no longer have to make backup of your files for so much as installing a map.
But can it handle TPP or Redux ?
Not directly but there are way to make MO2 handle them. For those mod to work (and all mod that replace or patch the executable) you'll need to launch the game using 'BW2 Modded Exec' and not Black & White 2 inside MO2.
For TPP :
- Make a folder 'Tribal pack plus'
- Copy white.exe into 'Tribal pack plus'
- Launch the installer and choose 'Tribal pack plus' as your installation target
- Create a .zip archive from 'Tribal pack plus'
- Now you can the install mod from archive option in MO2 to add TPP
For Redux :
- Make a folder 'Redux'
- Launch Redux installer and choose 'Redux' as your installation target
- Create a .zip archive from 'Redux'
- Install using the install mod from archive option in MO2
To use Redux for TPP first follow the installation instruction for Redux but make a copy of Redux's white.exe, then follow the instruction for TPP using this exe instead of the game's one.
I don't if and when the plugin will be integrated into MO2 basic_game, but you can get the latest version here (download using right click -> download from link).